Saturday, May 2, 2009

Time Management

"Time is the scarcest resource; and unless it is managed, nothing else can be managed.” Peter F. Drucker

Time management is something that I have always struggled with. I enjoy making to do lists and organizing my planner, but when it comes to actually putting those lists and organization into practice I have trouble. Time management is a very important skill that a teacher should possess. If a teacher can not manage time appropriately there will never be enough time to teach all that needs to be taught. I have had an experience with this already in my field class. My first lesson that I taught was an english lesson on main idea and details. I had it planned and organized and I thought I was extremely prepared to teach. When I got up there to teach I completly forgot that I only had a certain slot of time to teach. I had so much information to teach, but I had not managed my time correctly and did not have enough time to teach it in.

One of my goals for next semester is to practice my time management consistently. Whether it's balancing school work with hanging out with friends, or planning the lessons for my students I want to make sure that I have time to teach all that I need to.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing! I am ALL about to-do lists and my planner...but still manage to always leave things till last minute! Your example is the exact reason it is important for teachers to manage their time well. It is NOT an option.....we'll get there eventually Amanda!

    ReplyDelete