Saturday, May 2, 2009

Chapter 6

1. List the members of my family: David Randall(58-step-father), Deborah Randall(52-mother), Christopher Hetue(17-brother)
2. I am the first in my immediate family to go to college. My dad did not graduate high scool and my mom went straight into the army after high school.
3. My dad was is retired army and then he was a chef in the Women's Correctional Facitilites. My mom was a registered home-daycare and is currently back in school for nursing.
4. Because we are a small family unit, decision making is communal. We really respect and trust eachother's decisions.
5. Movies, dinner, going shopping, goingto the beach.
6. My mom does housework and my brother works in the yard.
7. Our home is a bit chaotic.
8. The family priorities are to take care of each other.
9. My mother is very supportive of whatever it is I do.
10. We are such a small unit that we are all influences on eachother's lives.

1. My community is very watchful of everyone elses children..
2. My community is a sub-urban neighborhood.
3. The community has plenty of resources-stores, activities, libraries, etc.
4. I feel that everyone meets at school activities or sports games.
5. Children and families are the most important units within the community.
6. I am not really sure of any obvious community issues. I know that neighborhood watch is a big deal.
7. My community is not as close as it was when I was growing up.
8. The children really affect our community and the schools in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment